[TCML] Re-visited - Newbie question - Where does all the energy go?

I refer to my problem as described in http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/2012/Apr/msg00135.html.

I followed the recommendations by various posters,

- I re-built the spark gap, same result.
- I made various new capacitors, same result.
- I added a second 12 KV 30 ma NST in parallel, same result.
- I re-wired all connections with 10 gauge, same result.

The only part left untouched now is the secondary coil. Is it possible that there is a short circuited winding? Would that be consistent with the problems I experience?

How would I find the location of the short? I inspected it visually but can't find anything odd. What would I look for? would it get warm at the fault after prolonged running?

Thanks for any assistance.

Peter