Re: [TCML] high frequency wave propagation along secondary coils

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 9:32 AM, <mddeming@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The design is definitely worth looking at. It could definitely have an
> effect on stress.
>
> You mentioned turning on a lathe. Would this imply starting with a solid
> tube of PVC (or similar) then cutting an inside and outside curved taper?
> Or perhaps first turning a wooden spindle to the shape and then casting or
> building up the coil form over it, then turning the form down.to final
> shape?

The guy in San Diego turned foam and then made a mold from it and cast it
in resin.

I got the idea from Tesla and his Wardenclyffe design.  Tesla used a flat
spiral coil secondary with a tall solenoid tertiary.  The tertiary and
secondary effectively make a single secondary with a complex geometry.

The equation f(x) = x^-1 * sin(x + 1) models a pulse, which is exactly what
goes up a Tesla coil.  So what better design for a secondary than a model
of the behavior of the electron?  I have built combination flat spiral and
tall solenoid secondaries that seem to hold more power within the same
amount of copper coil than either a separate solenoid or flat spiral of
equivalent design would hold.

It doesn't produce light sabers or warp drives, but it does allow the
resonance to "breathe" a lot easier.

It was interesting that Tesla used a steel pipe for the top of his
Wardenclyffe secondary/tertiary combination, which connected to the top
load.  When the resonance is in its potential swing and moving up to the
top of the coil, a steel pipe behaves exactly the same as a narrow wound
coil.  Tesla's pipe was a perfect cylinder, which at the scale of
Wardenclyffe, may have been okay.  However, the geometry of the pulse
suggests that the top portion of the coil could simply be a tapered
aluminum fishing pole or similar shaped conductor.  It is not necessary to
wind the top part of the coil when it is less than half inch in diameter or
so.  Even without winding, the tapered rod acts as though it was wire wound
all the way to the top.  This is because a narrow wound wire coil would
actually behave as a conductor.

Tesla mentioned the usefulness of having such a long conductor between the
top of the coil and the top load and I am certain it is because the
electrons are still in contracting and stacking mode when they hit the top
load (if the top load is too close to a solenoid coil).  To rephrase this,
the resonance has not reached its peak potential when it hits the top load
if there is not an adequate distance between the solenoid and top load.

We normally tend to think of resonance strictly in terms of either
inductance/capacitance or current/potential.  We like to think of electrons
as shapeless points held apart by electrostatic repulsion, which gives them
spring.  But the electrons are not points.  They are toroidal structures
that have both complex magnetic and electrostatic fields.  When the
electron is in current mode (inductance mode) it is a toroid with a large
major diameter and small minor diameter.  When the electron is in potential
mode (capacitance mode) it has a small major diameter and a large minor
diameter (effectively it is a sphere).

In order to build a resonator to contain electrons properly without
breakouts due to standing waves in the middle of the coil, the coil
structure should be designed to match the behavior of the electrons while
they are resonating.  With a flared cone coil the electrons will be in
their ideal current mode at the bottom of the coil and in their ideal
potential mode at the top of the coil.  This should reduce the impedance in
the system while increasing the total power contained within the coil.  It
should maximize the current and potential swings.

With a difference in radius from top to bottom of maybe several centimeters
> and a wavelength of 100 to 200 meters, that's on the order of 0.1%. I'm not
> sure how this much smoothness of a wave is a factor, but careful,
> quantative experimentation will tell.

I do not have my notes in front of me, but the bottom, wide end of the
flared cone being built for me was about 6.5 inch radius and the top radius
is about 1/8 inch.  The height of the coil with those dimensions I believe
is about five or six feet (maybe it was a bit taller).

Dave