[Home][2023 Index] [TCML] Re: Pole Transformer Coil Design Guidance [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Re: Pole Transformer Coil Design Guidance

Hi Amir,

First, we need to get your input power determined...
Your Lincoln Arc Welder if it is the AC-225 model "buzz box" at the lowest
knob setting of 40A does not put out that number when wired up as a ballast
on 240V.
That setting will be barely 5A according to a chart in a book I have. And
at the maximum knob setting of 225A will be about 25A maximum on 240V.
You will need TWO of these welders in parallel if you really are after 40A
at 240V, which is very close to the continuous output nameplate rating of
the 10kVA pole transformer.
So this would approximately be around 650mA at 14,400V if 40A at 240V if I
did my math correctly :⁠^⁠)

I will say I have not used this welder method myself and again mentioning
that this is a chart in a book I have on Tesla coils. These numbers can
vary some under multiple circumstances, but I think these are very close.
Hopefully others will soon chime in that have actually used this welder
model and confirm what I have offered from the source I have.

Chris Reeland
Ladd Illinois USA

Sent from my Lenovo YT-X705F