Re: dc supply (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 07:27:18 -0700
From: Jonathan Peakall <jpeakall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: dc supply (fwd)

Steven,

No. It could be done (almost anything can), but it isn't practical. For
lifter experiments, many have had success just opening up a monitor and
"highjacking" power from the flyback with a length of HV wire. If you do so,
be careful, as a monitor that has been off for days can still be holding a
charge. While it *shouldn't* damage the monitor (I have done it, no
problems) I wouldn't use that really nice 21" monitor for this ;-)

Easiest dedicated PSU is to take a flyback transformer and make your own
driver. It's easy and cheap. I have details about building one on my
website, www.madlabs.info. You can also find many more pages about
constructing one.

Jonathan

www.madlabs.info