Testing cap. bank... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 15:12:05 -0500
From: Shane Rusch <str@xxxxxxxx>
To: hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Testing cap. bank...

Hey all, I was wondering if there is a easy way to weed out a bad cap in a parallal bank. My small wire exploder won't hold a charge. If I power up the bank and remove the input power it barely fires, if I power it up and fire it with the power left on it fires normally, don't like to do that although. The capacitance across the bank reads the same as always. The bank consists of 12 parallaled MO. caps. 5kv input through MO diode for approx 7 kv DC, 9 uf. total capacitance.      Thank's   Shane.....