What is this??? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 22:54:26 -0400
From: Paul Kidwell <tmb@xxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: What is this???

Anybody know what this is?

http://www.cpriii.com/gg/victor/

The last shot shows the connections... the bottom left is the two AC
connections. Above them are three connections labeled L1, L2, & L3. They appear
to be taps of some sort. The incoming black AC wire is on the right AC terminal,
and has a wire running up to L3. To the right are two rows of four connections
labeled 1 thru 8. Connection 4 and 8 are tied together, and what looks to be the
remains of the output wiring is coming off 6 and 7.

I originally thought that it was a high voltage transformer, but now I'm leaning
towards ballast...

Anybody know how to use it?

Paul
G-5 #3