Re: Recycled Magnetics II (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:10:55 -0800
From: Richard Hull <rhull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Recycled Magnetics II (fwd)

They all use epoxy on some, but also make use of the cyanolates as well.
There are solvents but they can be expensive and the bobbins may or may not
be attacked.  Check for epoxy solvents.  Likewise, they often slather the
bobbins with epoxy and that is another issue.  I once found some solvent
rated for epoxy and dunked a large core into the stuff in a closed jar and
it took two weeks to release for effortless takeapart.on a large soak with
multiple transformers it might be worth the effort in a large jar.

Richard Hull