Re: CAD (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 08:58:32 +1300
From: Malcolm Watts <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: CAD (fwd)

On 19 Dec 2003, at 10:56, High Voltage list wrote:

> Original poster: Steven Roys <sroys@xxxxxxxx>

Or remove certain registry keys if you know what you are doing. The
registry is Windows biggest drawback - it is a perpetual memory bank
for stuff you want long forgotten. It is a major drawback if you ever
try to reinstall Win without blowing the partition away first.

    I'm not in favour of using s'ware for which I've not paid either.
I think the author/s deserve the rewards of their efforts. I'd also
advise against trying to use trial programs past their use-by date.
I've helped some people who had their operating systems partially
trashed in what would seem to have been a deliberate fashion by some
vengeful programmers.

Malcolm

[Without source code, finding the appropriate registry entry would be like
looking for a needle in a haystack, and you'd probably be more likely to
screw something up that you really would rather not have screwed up.  I
also agree - pay the $ and keep us poor programmers gainfully employed.
If you think software should be free, either write your own, or use
freeware.  SRR]