Re: Van de Graaff generator safety question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:29:54 EST
From: Esondrmn@xxxxxxx
To: hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Van de Graaff generator safety question (fwd)

In a message dated 12/27/03 2:05:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Hi All,
>
> Many thanks for everyone's thoughts!!
>
> I will go ahead and build the thing.  It sounds just about right safety
> wise.  Not a toy by any means, but not like a case of dynamite either.
>
> It sounds just about right :-))
>
> Cheers,
>
>     Terry

Terry,

What is your top load (sphere) made of and how do you plan to cut the hole to
mount it?  I have a similar sized stainless steel (gazing ball) sphere but I
have thought how difficult it would be to use a hole saw to cut a 3" or 4"
hole in it.  Heck, it is difficult just to drill a hole in one of these things.

How about a belt?  What do you plan to use?

Ed Sonderman