Re: Van de Graaff generator safety question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:20:09 -0800
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Van de Graaff generator safety question (fwd)

High Voltage list wrote:

> Original poster: Steven Roys <sroys@xxxxxxxx>

	How about making a small hole with (anything) and then enlarging it
with a nibbler?  I've found that to be the best way to get smooth cuts
in very thin sheet metal and it should work with the stainless, which I
bet is quite thin.

	For belts there is stuff called Therabond (sp?) available at
hospital-supply houses.  Appears to be latex rubber, color coded
according to the thickness.  It's available up to at least 25' lengths
and 6" widths, which should cover the needs of any home grown coil.  Our
local sick room supply pharmacy stocks it and can order anything they
don't have.  I've only used it for a very small VDG but intend to give
it a try next time I rebelt my big machine and try to run it.

Ed