Re: Van de Graaff generator safety question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:20:41 -0700
From: Terrell Fritz <terrellfone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Van de Graaff generator safety question (fwd)

Hi Ed,

It is rock hard stainless steel, Probably need a grinder like a cut-off
wheel in a dremal tool or die grinder.  Forget a hole saw unless it has
cobalt alloy teeth no normal saw or drill bit will touch it.  Once cut, a
belt sander can finish the edge.  I'll probably try it all an a little
cheap one first.  If I were really desperate, I would have it waterjet cut.

Cheers,

         Terry