Re: lifter power supply (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:50:02 -0400
From: James R Bubeck <quantum137@xxxxxxxx>
To: hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: lifter power supply (fwd)

Our main problem was that they don't always lift straight upwards (due to
poor construction), causing them to fall on their sides.  That pushed in
the corona wire, causing it to arc and burn.
Ours were made from (I think) 1/16 x 1/32 inch beechwood because I had it
sitting around.  Our balsa one was too heavy and did not fly.
Be careful not to let the corona wire get too close to the foil, for if
it arcs over the wood for a little bit of time, carbon tracks form, which
lead to more arcs, which leads to fire.

James Bubeck

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!