Re: lifter power supply (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:32:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Roberts <quezacotl_14000000000000@xxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: lifter power supply (fwd)

So if these lifters don't need a certain polarity to work, has anyone considered using a Tesla Coil to run one? The voltage is extremely high (much higher than anybody else has played around with) and they provide all of that nice good corona that lifters need. =D The only problem would be making sure it wouldn't arc over... you would probably need to space the corona wire and aluminum skirt more... Also, if you made the lifter large enough with relation to the coil, the al skirt would become a nice counterpoise. Simply hook the corona wire to the toroid and the other end of the coil would hook up to the aluminum. It might be interesting to try...

High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Original poster: Steven Roys