Re: Wimshurst machines (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:47:32 -0700
From: Kevin Christiansen <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Wimshurst machines (fwd)

I have some 1.5 thousandth inch tungsten wire and some 3.0 thousandth
inch tunsten wire.  Both are nice and flexible (because it's so darn thin),
but they also spring back very well (like spring wire).  The wire is very
hard, so I don't think it would leave tracks on the disks.  If anybody
wants to give it a try, send me a SASE and I will give you a couple of
feet (just as long as you report back to the list and tell us how it
worked).  I see the stuff for sale on ebay every once in a while, too...

Email me privately if you are interested and tell me what size you
want.  kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Kevin Christiansen