Re: Electric Fences (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 23:51:05 -0400
From: David Speck <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Electric Fences (fwd)

FWIW, I would suggest using one of the new solar powered fencers to
drive the fence.  You can mount it at the point of necessity, and avoid
the underground feed completely.

A big advantage of this setup is that it would absolve you of liability
issues should someone get shocked off a home brew fencer.  If you use a
commercial unit with a UL approval, any claimant would have to go after
the manufacturer, not you.  That alone would be more valuable than the
few bucks you would save by building something yourself.

Dave