Re: Weber mass of an electron (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 09:35:16 -0000
From: colin.heath4 <colin.heath4@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Weber mass of an electron (fwd)

hi there,
            i would say that if 1.6MV = 100% change then the 3KV supply used
by scott in this experiment is going to be very difficult to detect
anything. also the supply used to charge the sphere might not supply enough
current to do the job.
i would be inclined to use a transformer and not a cascade type as there
shouldnt be the problem with fold over of voltage when the load goes up.
internally shunted transformer like neons do the same in these kind of
uses.(dependant on load)
cheers
colin heath