Re: Weber mass of an electron (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:50:43 -0200
From: Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz <acmq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Weber mass of an electron (fwd)

High Voltage list wrote:

> From: David Dameron <ddameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> You make a good point about aircraft, etc.
> Perhaps the theory is wrong, but I would not call it 'pseudoscience'. In
> addition, the experiment may not be good to show the claimed effect (The
> electron mass in the neon lamp has little effect on the relaxation frequency).

There is possibly a subtle relativistic effect on the timing of a
clock that is inside a holow conductor that stores significant
energy, in electric field in this case. I don't know how to calculate
if this exists or not without further research, but the effect would be
certainly very, very small, or it would be a well known problem.

> Weber's theories were in the 1840's so predate Maxwell, discovery of the
> electron, etc. A proponent of them today is Prof. Assis at the U. of
> Campinas, Brazil.

I am aware about some of the research of Prof. Assis, but have never
seen something about this problem.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz