Re: Big Ferrite Transformer (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 20:41:32 +0200
From: gtyler <gtyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Big Ferrite Transformer (fwd)

Looks like a standard U93 core to me. Asking "what power can it handle"
is a bit like "how long is a piece of string". It depends on the
topology of the electronics driving it as well as the Frequency. I have
made A 140Kv Xray transformer out of a set like that that ran at about
1Kw, but the winding was mainly insulation. It did not work to well due
to internal resonances.

Regards George