ozone-generators (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 20:38:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: Peter Lawrence <Peter.Lawrence@xxxxxxx>
To: hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ozone-generators

Does anyone know how ozone generators are designed/built. I'ld like to DIY
since I've got several NSTs for building Tesla Coils, but I'm wondering
how the commercially available units avoid generating nitric oxides (like
Tesla Coils do).

Searching the web leads me to believe they typically use a high frequency
inverter for HV, but its not clear whether this is just a low-cost way
of generating HV at very low current, or if high frequency is a part of the
way to avoid generating the nitric-oxides.

thanks,
Pete Lawrence.