Re: Ferrite Cores - Where's the Gap? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:01:50 +1200
From: Malcolm Watts <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Ferrite Cores - Where's the Gap? (fwd)

One more thing from me on this subject. I forgot to address the
question of why the transformers in question have their distinct
appearance (regardless of the supply topology). The answer is that
this is the most economical (and probably compact) way to build a
transformer capable of withstanding many kV across one of the
windings. One can see similarities between the way NSTs and so-called
flybacks are constructed in that both use C cores.

Malcolm