Re: ozone-generators (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:11:28 -0400
From: G <bog@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ozone-generators (fwd)

I was under the impression that smps' are used because they are
cheaper. Similar to switching supplies for microwave ovens. High
frequency may generate corona easier...? The NOx emissions seem to be
caused by the extremely high currents/heats involved in the Tesla
coil spark gap arcs. An efficient ozone unit would avoid arcs
altogether.

cya,
Gregory

--