RE: ozone-generators (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:02:52 -0400
From: Daniel Kline <daniel_kline@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'High Voltage list' <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: ozone-generators (fwd)

Wow! Concerning just such an issue:
I bought a car for my daughter a while back, and when I went to visit
her, the car was trashed.
It's too nice a car for that, so I'm getting her a different "trashable"
car that she can do whatever she wants with. However, the inside of the
first car smells like a mold farm. I guess she left the sunroof open
during several rainy days.

I've tried spray-on mold killers like one that Clorox makes with no
bleach, and Fabrize, but the car still reeks. I thought I might put a
sprayable mold-killer in a cold-mist humidifier and let the fog saturate
the car over a couple of days, but I'm concerned about the fabric in the
interior getting bleached or stained.

Then I thought that I could just make a small flyback-based ozone
generator and use that! It would be really easy to do, considering all
that flyback driver-circuits there are on the web these days, and I've
made them before, etc. Yet, ozone might corrode the metal...?

Can anyone advise me on the feasibility of ozone vs. the cool-mist
mold-killer vapor?

(I know this is barely on topic, but maybe Steve will let it thorough?
:)

[Barely, and I think we're getting pretty close to having covered mold
thoroughly enough. SRR]

Thanks,
Dan K.