Re: van de graaff tube (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 23:46:30 -0600
From: Dr. Resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: van de graaff tube (fwd)

Our large machine was also an external belt machine.  It works very well at
1,000,000 Volts!  We run the supports up the inside of the belts.

Someone had a question regarding the column support.  We used polypropylene
rods which outperforms PVC.  The PVC leaks real bad above 8 inch ID.  12
inch ID tubes refuse to work at all even when charged by a 10 inch wide
belt.  Been there, done that as they say.

My large "pill capsule" design will be supported by four 2"dia.
polypropylene rods set at slight angles (25 degrees) to push inward.

When I get the design all finished, Antonio, I will run it past you to see
how your computer program does at accurately predicting performance in a
large machine.

Happy Holidays,

Dr. Resonance