Re: Water dropper (was A solution for...) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:10:27 -0800
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Water dropper (was A solution for...) (fwd)

I would assume that one wants fairly big droplets.. less likely to be pushed
around by electrostatic forces?  I suppose there's also a tradeoff between
charge on a droplet, size of droplets (Radius of Curvature and surface area)
and number of droplets per second.

I was thinking of one of those shower heads with an array of holes, that run
under low pressure, and have big drops.  As opposed to a high pressure
spray.

(it just occurred to me that you could make a nifty machine that shoots a
stream of droplets up through the rings, and then back down through another
set.)