RE: Static Discharges from PE etc... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:04:29 -0500
From: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley@xxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Static Discharges from PE etc...

Dave,

My first job out of school was with Anheuser-Busch working on their
bottling and packaging conveyor systems.
Typical practice is using static-dissipative polyethylene or similar
plastic which quickly dissipates any
charge built up on the material due to passing packages etc...  Although
the static-dissipative PE is much more
expensive than standard PE, it works extremely well.

Dan