Re: Electrets (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:18:08 -0700
From: June Heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Electrets (fwd)

Matt: The original electrics were made with wax, but any insulating resin
like polyester ( fiberglass)  will make much more durable electrics. Any
flyback coil can provide more than enough voltage to charge them while the
resin hardens.Only voltage not power is required. A flyback circuit from a
old TV or monitor will give over 20  kV.
   Robert   H