Re: blowing dust machines Re: Pelletron / patent 3,469,118 / (1969) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:29:05 -0600
From: Dr. Resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: blowing dust machines Re: Pelletron / patent 3,469,
    118 / (1969) (fwd)

The solution to the "sticking to the walls" problem is something we used to
use in fireworks production.  It's called Cab-o-sil and it's sold in
Illinois.  It is a "flowing agent" which is used to cause the explosive
mixture to flow into the shell faster, ie, for faster loading.

This flowing agent is a very fine powdery dust material and typically a 5%
amount is added to the final pyro mixture.  It is so light a large bag of it
weighs approx 2 lbs --- and that's a typical bag that would normally weigh
50 lbs.   This agent would prevent all stickiness of almost any powder.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913

[Fumed silica, neat stuff... SRR]

> > This machine had been conceived around 1936 by M. Pauthenier and all.
(La