Re: VSG Belt Drives (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:32:27 +0800
From: Peter Terren <pterren1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: VSG Belt Drives (fwd)

I own 2 treadmills for medical use.  Both have black belts (usually =
slightly conductive).  It is very important for these to be antistatic as
picking up the few millivolts from an ECG during an exercise test can easily
be interfered with.  I do recall an older machine which gave interference as
irregular sharp spikes.  Suspecting static, I found that wetting the belt
while running would fix the problem. Hence treamill belts probably won't
serve for a VDG very well.
Cheers
Peter (Tesla Downunder)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~pterren