Re: "Flyback" Driver - Why are my MOSFETS hot? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 08:49:11 +0100
From: colin.heath4 <colin.heath4@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: "Flyback" Driver - Why are my MOSFETS hot? (fwd)

hi all,
i would second that. a much smaller resitor will improve things greatly. if
you still have trouble with unwanted turn on run the mosfet -6 +6 to ensure
gate is pulled down and held there while off although i suspect just the
resistor will do the job as i run a half bridge of irfp460 on a tesla coil
right next to it and unwanted turn on is not a prob there.
cheers
colin