Re: HV Book (wasRe: Electrometer design) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:12:05 +0800
From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: HV Book (wasRe: Electrometer design) (fwd)

Is the primary cap across the transformer so regrettable? I have always run
mine this way. My 32 inch coil generates 96 inch sparks (ie 3 times ratio)
although I do run at a high break rate of 1200bps. I have not been able to
achieve similar results with the spark gap across the transformer.
Peter
http://tesladownunder.iinet.net.au/

> From: Malcolm Watts <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: HV Book (wasRe: Electrometer design)
>....   there were a couple of TCs  featured in there (nothing big and
regrettably, at least one had the