Re: HV Book (wasRe: Electrometer design) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:13:53 +1200
From: Malcolm Watts <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: HV Book (wasRe: Electrometer design) (fwd)

On 12 Jul 2004, at 16:28, High Voltage list wrote:

> Original poster: Steven Roys <sroys@xxxxxxxx>

Not if it works for you. Is your system using NSTs or similar
transformers or a pole transformer? It matters when it comes to
performance differences and also the probability of you transformer
having a long life. For the small system in the book which is using a
NST, a rather vulnerable transformer is being exposed to high
amplitude ringing it could matter a great deal.

Malcolm
<snip>