more free stuff (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 14:56:50 -0600
From: Gomez Addams <gomez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: the _new_ DMSC list <dmsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>, VacuumX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
     Jon Singer <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: more free stuff

  This stuff is FREE to anyone willing to pick it up or pay for packing
and
shipping.  If no one answers this post in a week, this stuff will then
be
offered on the Denver FreeCycle list, and if no takers there after a
week,
it will go in the dumpster.  Heavier items cannot be shipped in
cardboard
boxes - they will require Yours Truly to construct a wooden crate, and
motor freight from my dock at work, so if you want one of the heavy
items
and you don't live near me, be prepared to pay reasonable sums for
crating
and shipping.  (my business address to yours will save you significant
dollars, residential address are charged more, and I know a good cheap
freight forwarder)

* ion high vacuum pump - 5.5" throat - conflat flange - Perkin Elmer
design
"possibly custom" (meaning I've never found the exact model in any
catalog)
Definitely needs to be cleaned and may need to be rebuilt.  No
controller or
HV supply!  Has 8 cells, exact model unknown, speed unknown, looks
comparable
to 200 l/s designs I've seen.  Very heavy with magnets and iron pole
piece
wedges.  I can feel, but not see, a faint nick in the Conflat knife
edge.  I
do not know if it is deep enough to be a problem.  At least one vacuum
person
has told me that suck nicks can be fixed, but I don't know how.

* 24 each, 4" x 6" gray porcelain HV insulators - very stout and heavy
duty.
Have round metal flanges on each end (smaller than diameter of
insulators),
with threaded holes.  Look like switchgear or distribution usage.
These are
also bloody heavy.

* 3-phase to 1-phase "Phase-a-Matic" converter (contains capacitor, time
delay, and contactor) - used for running 3-phase motor on 1-phase power.
This model is good for 1 HP, suitable for the free 3-phase motor I
posted
previously.  see here for more info:
http://www.phase-a-matic.com/StaticDescription.htm

* black molded rubber extension cord - for small welder or small drier?
has following connector pattern:

\ /

Is made from 10-4 SJT cable (but only has three pins / sockets on
connectors).

* 19" rack mount power distribution unit.  2U high, provides 120V 1-ph
output
from 208V 3-ph input.  has 5 separately-fused duplex outlets- four on
"inside",
1 on rear; breaker for line, 24A/ph rating, nice long 10-4 SO cable
with 30A
Hubbell Twist-Lok connector.  Perkin-Elmer make.

Interested parties or questions, please reply OFF LIST to this email
address.

  - Gomez ADDams

Dellea's axiom of marginal systems:  You can only jury-rig so many
sub-systems before
a complex system fails completely.  Repair will then take approximately
25% more work
or resources than it would have to fix the systems right the first time.