RE: Anti-parallel Advice (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:20:11 -0800
From: BrianB <brianb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'High Voltage list' <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Anti-parallel Advice (fwd)

It's a British "electrical slang" term referring to transformers wired
in parallel and having the primaries (and therefore secondaries) out of
phase. In this configuration the secondary voltage of the two
transformers are additive (as opposed to having the primaries in phase
providing double the secondary current).

Regards,
Brian B.
(who spent a bit of time on the other side of the pond)