RE: Metering my x-ray supply (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:10:25 -0600
From: Carl Litton <Carl_Litton@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: humanb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Metering my x-ray supply (fwd)

Hi David,

Just so happens I finished mine yesterday.  Capable of measuring nearly
a megavolt, I think it will come in handy with our current megavolt
project.  The main resistor is 1 GigOhm and the divider is about 1.18
MegOhm.  The whole of the 'A' resistor is being put into a 4" PVC tube
with external connections to HV and the "B" resistor.

The A or voltage reducer is a chain of 2 x 120 Meg 150KV, 2 x 300 Meg 75
KV, and a terminal chain of 10 and 30 Meg resistors totaling an
additional 160 MegOhm.  The 'B' or divider resistor is a 2 Meg precision
pot tuned to give the correct reading.  The readout on the DMM is in
Kilovolts directly.

Carl Litton