Re: Big 69 kv transformer (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:44:51 -0500
From: Virtualgod <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Big 69 kv transformer (fwd)

Unfortunately if you don't live near Scottsdale AZ you pretty much outa luck
unless you got a big pickup truck and access to a forklift. I asked him what
the kVA rating was, no reply yet, but I'd guess it probably draws 20A or so
unloaded. (look like 400A lugs, maybe 100kVA?). Didn't know that 69kv "pigs"
existed. All the ones I seen other than pt's are
69kv-34.5/19.9/16.8/14.4/12/8.4/7.2/4.8/2.4kv. Kinda wonder if it'd just be
more efficient to use xformers like these and eliminate the 2.4-34.5 kv
substations rather than stepping it down 2-3 times. Of course the cost would
go up, but seem like it would save in the long run. Of course then we'd have
to run TC's at 69kv after all the present pigs died.

Mike