Re: Coax Cables for High Voltage Transmission (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:06:01 -0600
From: Dr. Resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Coax Cables for High Voltage Transmission (fwd)

Polyethylene or polypropylene works better as it has less creepage and
leakage current factors than pvc.

We drill out the entire interior part of a SO-239 chassis connector.  They
we epoxy a 5 inch long PE tube into the SO-239 connector.  At the end of the
tube we epoxy in a small bananna receptacle.

This allows a nice fit to standard RG-8 cable as a DC HV connector.  The
shield is soldered to the PL-259 plus while the center part is stripped of
the braided shield as it extends into the PE tube with a bananna tip solder
to the coax cable tip.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.