Re: Fluoroscope (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 23:24:08 -0400
From: Jack Vandam <snotoir7674g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Fluoroscope (fwd)

Hi David,

I have one of the screens you're talking about.  It is possible to expose it
to x-rays and simultaneously snap a picture of the image on the screen.  I
have not actually made a full dress fluoroscope, but just the screen near
the x-ray source can do well.  When I had a stronger source of sparks to
drive the antique bulbs, I could see fluorescence on the screen.  I think
your best source for the screens is Ebay.  That's not where I picked up mine
(but at a flea market), but I've seen 5x5" screens at very reasonable and
very often buy it now prices.   I've also seen activated vials of ZnS for
sale on Ebay, which you could probably use to make your own screen.  Good
luck and they are fun to work with as long as precautions are taken.

Jack