Fluoroscope (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 15:03:54 -0700
From: David Trimmell <humanb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'High Voltage list' <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Fluoroscope

Hi all, I will shortly be receiving a nice dental X-Ray transformer with
tube and filament transformer to go with it. This will be setup as PSU
for some vacuum experiments, but will also be used with the x-ray tube
to some x-ray experiments. One such thing I will want to try is a
Fluoroscope. I will, of course, be using proper Health Physics controls
and am aware of the hazards. There will be no exposure of "live" tissue.
But does anyone know of a source for the properly doped Zink Sulfide
phosphors, or strontium aluminate's? Has anyone here actually made a
Fluoroscope? I have no intentions of viewing this directly, as I will
use either a video camera or a reflected image. Believe me I have no
intention of sticking my head in a potentially lethal x-ray field. Any
suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

David Trimmell