Re: Lifter project. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:17:46 +0800
From: Peter Terren <pterren1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Lifter project. (fwd)

I have lots of lifters on my site one of which is about to go on permanent
display. Flybacks should be suitable for lifters.  The one I use was made
from the flyback plus parts from two of the electronic type microwave ovens
(junk from an appliance repair shop) and is very simple Royer type circuit.
It will start a spark at 1 inch (about 30kv) and puts out over 300W although
you only need about 5W.

Peter (Tesla Downunder)
http://tesladownunder.iinet.net.au