Flyback Driver Board - Decoupling (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 08:09:02 +0930
From: Matthew Smith <matt@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Flyback Driver Board - Decoupling

Hi All

I am putting together a general purpose flyback (and other ferrite transformer)
driver board.

The board is single-sided and there are several places where the positive supply
comes close to the ground plane.

Would there be any benefit in adding extra decoupling capacitors in these
places?  I'm using mostly SMD components and could easily add capacitors without
changing the layout any.  If the answer is yes, what is a good value?

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy

Outside temperature:  29.9 degrees Celcius.
Wind due NE,  3.4km/hr gusting to  5.5km/hr
Temperatures today (avg/max/min):  14.0/ 31.3/  7.8 degrees Celcius.
Max wind speed today  8.2km/hr at 01:00
Precipitation today: 0.000mm