Re: HV Measurement - The Divider Problem (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:27:21 -0400
From: Charles Pike <ctpike@xxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: HV Measurement - The Divider Problem (fwd)

Mathew:
According to the manual on my Wavetek 27XT the input impedance is 10
megohms ( This is typical of most DMMs).  Therefore when you connect the
meter across a 33 meg resistor its effective value becomes:  R =
(33*10)/(33+10) =  7.67 meg.  The division ratio is then 39.7 :1 instead
of 10 to one.  Sorry about the fried meter, I just cooked one myself.

Good luck,
Charlie