Re: HV Measurement - A different Divider Problem (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:28:37 -0500
From: Dr. Resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: HV Measurement - A different Divider Problem  (fwd)

You can also use a simple spark gap with 10 cm spheres.  This works to find
peak voltage because the peak potential is completely independent of the
frequency of the waveform.

Use a string of resistors (5-10 meg) in series with some HV diodes) in the
primary circuit between xmfr and caps.  This will charge you caps and fire
every 5-10 seconds a single pulse.  If using an RSG, just line the
electrodes up and leave it off.

Dr. Resonance