Re: HV Measurement - The Divider Problem (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:47:14 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: HV Measurement - The Divider Problem (fwd)

"Just for all on the list.  This reply is inaccurate.  All of my DMMs as
well as most I've seen in my price range are 10 meg input resistance.
The resistor array that I have presented is a tried and true method used
by TV repairpersons since the 1950's.  Regardless of any theoretical
challenge, the practical application proves it works.

As I mentioned, I regularly use a 100M and 1.2M divider and it does work
well with a 10 M meter.

Carl Litton"

	I think it would read 10% high with a 1.2 meg resistor across the
meter.  1.1 meg?

Ed