RE: HV Capacitors - PTFE (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:10:41 -0700
From: David Trimmell <humanb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'High Voltage list' <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: HV Capacitors - PTFE (fwd)

Ahh, yes. I bet you have been monitoring the Fusor Board, correct? If so
it was Larry Liens (SIC?) whom I pointed to Skylighter and he found
their PTFE powder, and looking at its dielectric properties suggested
this use. I don't know how successful he has been...

Unfortunately I know nothing about X-Ray tranys, would love to get one
as I am trying to find a relative easy way to make a 30-60KV <10-20mA
supply...

Sounds like you guys are having some fun,

David

[Old XRay transformers should be pretty cheap, if not free.  The same for
the filter caps and HV diodes in the tanks.   Just check your phone book
for xray service companies or the like.  The older units being
decomissioned would just as likely be trashed as anything, so you could
get one pretty easily.  But they are HEAVY, so bring your truss! SRR]