Re: Marx generator (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:44:59 +0200
From: herwig.roscher@xxxxxx
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Marx generator (fwd)

Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Lyonel Baum has a site where he's collected a lot of information.
> I have a page with a bit of design info:
> http://home.earthlink.net/~jimlux/hv/marx.htm
> Haefely application notes are useful.

Jim,

Thank you for the links.

> What size Marx do you want to build (Voltage and Stored Energy)?
- I am a TC addict up to now. A friend of mine has problems with his
Marx generator and I try to help.

He is using a 15 kV tranny, but the full bridge rectifier he has
built, has only 12 diodes 1N4007 per leg. They are shunted by
standard 0.5 W resistors (unnecessary, I know) and of course some of
them burnt. So did many diodes.

This is an interesting matter and maybe I'll build a Marx some day as
well.

Herwig

Greed is the root of all evil!