RE: X-ray OOps! location of picture (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:18:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: Peter Lawrence <Peter.Lawrence@xxxxxxx>
To: hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: X-ray OOps! location of picture (fwd)

Carl,
     one other thing, you'll need to determine the polarity of each pair of
wires from each coil...,  IE analogous to connecting batteries: in series
connect positive to negative, in parallel connect positive to positive.

One of the many ways is to energize one primary, series a pair of the other
remaining primaries to get some non-zero voltage (if the primaries are
connected backwards they sum will be zero), then label the the wires from
these two primaries in a "positive to negative" way (if you get my drift...),
then repeat until you've got all four primaries labeled.  Then repeat for
the four secondaries...

good luck,
-Pete.