Re: VDG (fwd)

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 09:20:43 -0700
From: robert heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: VDG

Gordon; The top roler and comb is used to charge the charge collecting
sphere  The use of a metal roler at this point is reasonable as everything
is at a common charge point. This is not the case at the bottem, Part is at
ground potential , The comb is at 4-5 Kv so a metal roler at this point
would be subject to short circuit problems of differing potentials. Metal on
top, fine. Plastic on bottem, fine. Metal on bottem, NOT GOOD.
    Robert   H