VDG (fwd)

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:27:44 -0000
From: Gordon Forrest <gmforrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: VDG

Hello all,

            I recently bought a 400kV VDG and have a few questions.

First of all, the only reason I bought a complete one was the
difficulty/expence of a sphere in the UK and the good exchange rate £ to
$
at the time.

I want to run it with a –ve charge. The problem is that the bottom
roller is
plastic and the top is metal. Do I need to change them round or can I
just
use a –ve spray charge on the bottom? Would a 5kV for a laser do?

Also is it possible to remove the top sphere ( 14” ) and connect it with
some
½” copper pipe to the upper collector point?

                                                      Gordon