Re: Solid-State Marx (fwd)

Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 09:50:34 -0400
From: Bob Paddock <bob.paddock@xxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Solid-State Marx (fwd)

On Friday 15 July 2005 10:55 am, you wrote:

> This idea started off as something driven by the flash unit from a
> disposable camera until I realised that I'd forgotten about driving the
> MOSFET gates!

I know there is at least one Defibrillator out there using a Solid-State
Marx's.

It is using SCR's in place of the spark gaps.  Simple diodes are used in place
of your MOSFETs for charging.

To drive the SCR gates are drive by  a photovoltaic diode array.

High Voltage Isolated MOSFET Driver:

http://www.supertex.com/pdf/app_notes/AN-D26.pdf

"The Supertex HT0440 is a dual high voltage isolated driver
utilizing Supertex’s proprietary HVCMOS technology. It is
designed to drive discrete MOSFETs configured as bi-directional
or unidirectional switches. It can drive N-channel MOSFETs as
high side switches up to 400V."

http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1068.pdf
http://www.cel.com/pdf/datasheets/ssrsel.pdf

--