Re: Cheap parts for high-power resistive ballast (for pole transformer). (fwd)

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 20:43:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: J. Aaron Holmes <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Cheap parts for high-power resistive ballast (for pole
    transformer). (fwd)

No contest.  But I acquired twelve 5kW water heater
elements and ten 40A relays for a total of about
$45.00 on eBay.  At this point, it'll be far cheaper
and simpler to get to 50kVA input power this way than
trying to do so inductively.  Optimum efficiency is
definitely a non-goal for this Jacob's ladder project
;-)  I'll get an arc welder for my TC, as soon as I
find one locally for cheap.  Where I am, used pigs are
easier to come by than used welders! :D